Renex Group Works Approval Application WA65201
Renex Group P/L has been successful in their application for a works approval, which was issued on 9/11/2009.
EPA’s assessment determined that the proposal is consistent with the Environment Protection Act 1970, the relevant State Environment Protection Policies and best practice guidelines. EPA considered all comments and issues raised when making our decision, and our response is detailed in the Response to 20B Conference Recommendations. The 20B Conference Report provides further details on the matters that were raised and discussed at this forum.
A copy of the works approval, Response to 20B Conference Recommendations and the 20B Conference Report can be downloaded below.
EPA received a works approval application from Renex Group Pty Ltd on the 18th June 2009 for installation of an integrated waste treatment and resource recovery facility to treat contaminated soil.
On Tuesday 18th August 2009 a public conference was held under section 20B of the Environment Protection Act 1970, chaired independently by Mr Peter Davies.
The purpose of the conference was to inform the community of the approval process and to ensure that EPA understands the key issues and has all relevant information in considering Renex Group's application for a Works Approval.
Documents available for download
- Renex Group Works Approval. (PDF 230KB)
- Response to 20B Conference Recommendations. (PDF 84KB)
- 20B Conference Report for Renex WA65201 (PDF 663KB)
- Renex Facility storage and ventilation 30 September 2009 (PDF 342KB)
- Renex technology comparison (PDF 33KB)
- Renex handout at 20B conference (PDF 800KB)
- South East Water response to WA65201 (PDF 48KB)
- City of Greater Dandenong response to WA65201 (PDF 129KB)
- WorkSafe response to WA65201 (PDF 77KB)
- DHS response to WA65201 (PDF 48KB)
- Independent auditor’s assessment (PDF 645KB)
- Renex Works Approval application (PDF 752KB)
- Appendix A – Site map (PDF 118KB)
- Appendix B – Large scale site map (PDF 155KB)
- Appendix C - Aerial site map (PDF 234KB)
- Appendix D – Site plan (PDF 109KB)
- Appendix E – Land zoning plan (PDF 83KB)
- Appendix O – Ausplume Output (PDF 1.28MB)
- Revised Appendix P 6 November 2009 (PDF 52KB)
- Appendix P – Miscellaneous information (PDF 52KB)
For further information regarding the conference please contact the Community and Stakeholder Engagement Unit on (03) 9695 2722.
For further information regarding the status of the Works Approval please contact the Statutory Facilitation Unit on (03) 9695 2722.