111-120 of 3189 results

  • Licences and approvals EPA receives and assesses applications to issue licences and works approvals. EPA licences are required for all scheduled premises – as defined by the Environment Protection (Scheduled Premises and Exemptions) Regulations 2007 – unless the premises are exempted in the Regulations. Licences cover the actual operation of the site, and set operating conditions, waste discharge limits and waste acceptance conditions, as appropriate. A works approval is required when the occupier o... Last updated on 21 Sep 2017
  • Annual performance statements Watch a short video about annual performance statements. This video highlights the important elements that licence holders need to know when completing an APS. Annual performance statements (APSs) are the way by which licence holders report their environmental performance for the previous financial year. An APS lists performance against each licence condition and requires an explanation of all non-compliance incidents. APSs must be submitted to EPA by 30 September each year and mus... Last updated on 8 Jul 2015
  • Section 30A approvals for temporary discharge, storage or use of waste You can find 30A approvals on the EPA Interaction Portal: Search for a 30A approval What is a 30A approval? Section 30A is an overriding provision of the Environment Protection Act under which the EPA can authorise discharges, emissions, storage, treatment, disposal and handling of waste in emergencies and other temporary situations that would otherwise be an offence under the Act. 30A approvals are not issued lightly, as they permit activities that would not normally be allowed. Own... Last updated on 20 May 2015
  • Licensed Operator Risk Assessment On this page: How does LORA work? What is assessed? EPA is transforming to a modern, risk-based regulator. The Licensed Operator Risk Assessment (LORA) model is a key part of our transformation. It provides a consistent and transparent approach to prioritise our planned licence compliance inspections based on the risk of each site. Since launching in July 2012 every licensed site has been inspected to collect up-to-date information and validate the risk ratings that have been ass... Last updated on 3 Jul 2017
  • Improving EPA’s licensing and approvals system EPA is running a number of initiatives to improve our licensing and approvals system.... Last updated on 6 Jun 2014
  • Financial assurances On this page: Amending or releasing financial assurances Q&A on financial assurances Financial assurance was introduced as a regulatory tool following a number of incidents where EPA conducted a cleanup. The Environment Protection (Scheduled Premises) Regulations 2017 specify which scheduled activities must submit financial assurance. These include premises that have licences to conduct prescribed industrial waste management, landfills, bulk storage and container washing. ... Last updated on 17 Oct 2017
  • Licences On this page: Overview Licence application and issue Licence amendment Transfer Licence suspension and revocation Licence surrender Monitoring licence compliance Support for licence holders Overview An EPA licence is required for all scheduled premises, unless the premises are exempted in the Environment Protection (Scheduled Premises) Regulations 2017. A licence may be held by a legal entity, whether: a person a company ... Last updated on 17 Oct 2017
  • Works approvals On this page: Why do we have works approvals? How to apply for a works approval Are there exemptions from works approval requirements? EPA’s assessment process Works approval compliance You can find works approvals – as well as works approval applications and assessment summaries – on the EPA Interaction Portal: Search for a works approval or an exemption under the Environment Protection Act Works approvals are issued by EPA Victoria ... Last updated on 17 Oct 2017
  • Search for a licence or annual performance statement EPA licences and annual performance statements (APS) are accessible to the public. Please note that only the following browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer and Apple Safari, can be used to search for an APS. Please refer to portal help and troubleshooting for more information. Search for a licence Search for an amalgamated licence Search for an APS Search for an audit report To obtain a copy of a licence or APS that you cannot find through this search email a... Last updated on 19 Sep 2017
  • Research, development and demonstration (RD&D) approvals You can find RD&D approvals on the EPA Interaction Portal: Search for an RD&D approval Download the Approvals proposal pathway form (Word 508KB) Download the Approvals proposal form and pathway guidelines (publication 1560) Download an RD&D approval application form (publication 1369) Works approval is required pursuant to section 19A of the Environment Protection Act 1970  for works at scheduled premises which will, ... Last updated on 10 Jan 2018

Page last updated on 21 Jan 2015