It is no longer enough for us to think about pollution and waste as things we need to manage and clean up when they happen. We need to think of pollution and waste as things we want to prevent in the first place.
Our draft Regulatory Strategy 2020-2025 (Publication 1800) describes how we will do this. It outlines:
- our vision for Victoria’s environment
- what we expect of businesses and the community in how they consider their impact
- how we commit to our mission as Victoria’s environmental regulator
- how we will approach challenges facing our environment
- how we intend to focus our efforts over the next 5 years.
As the start of the new Act approaches, we will be preparing specific guidance documents. These will explain what we expect businesses to do. We will work with industries to help them understand their new responsibilities.
Reviewed 8 July 2020