Our Government Reference Group consists of:
- government departments
- other entities.
As both duty holders and stakeholders, they represent to us the interests and views of government. The Group’s engagement is helping us prepare for when the amended Environment Protection Act 2017 comes into effect on 1 July 2021.
The Government Reference Group’s main role is to engage with Victorian government departments, agencies and other entities to:
- support implementation of the amended Environment Protection Act 2017, subordinate legislation and supporting instruments
- improve compliance levels across government, industry and the community, while working to achieve fair business conditions for all
- address government, industry and community barriers to compliance to help shape EPA policy and activities
- explore ways to partner in development and delivery of ‘inform and educate’ and ‘support to comply’ programs
- provide two-way communication between EPA and government departments and agencies
- identify emerging issues and other developments that may impact environmental management in Victoria.
Government Reference Group members
Find out more about reference groups
Reviewed 19 March 2021