Licensed premises can apply to surrender licences when the scheduled activities will be ceasing in the near future. 

To apply for surrender complete an Application for licence surrender (form F1001), which provides further detail on the process, then email to or post it to: The Manager, Development Assessments Unit, GPO Box 4395 Melbourne 3001. 
The statutory framework for licence surrender can be found in section 23A Surrender of Licence of the Environment Protection Act 1970

EPA cannot finalise a surrender until the scheduled activities are ceased.

Read next

About licences 

Reviewed 8 September 2020