Your business needs a licence if:
- you have a scheduled premises
- it is not exempt under the Environment Protection (Scheduled Premises) Regulations 2017.
Scheduled premises fall into the following categories:
- A: waste treatment, disposal and recycling
- B: primary industry and allied operations
- C: mining
- D: animal derived by-products
- E: textiles
- F: wood and wood derivatives
- G: chemicals including petroleum
- H: non-metallic minerals
- I: metals and engineering
- J: printing
- K: utilities
- L: other.
Further information on these categories is available in the Environment Protection (Scheduled Premises) Regulations 2017 (Schedule 1 – Scheduled premises table).
You can apply for:
- a licence after a works approval
- a licence amendment after a works approval.
Reviewed 8 September 2020