EPA’s Carbon and Ecological Footprint Events Calculator helps organisers plan a low-footprint event by:
• highlighting the main environmental impacts of an event
• helping to identify actions to avoid and reduce the impacts - for organisers, delegates, host venues and exhibitors
• helping organisers plan and achieve a carbon neutral event.
The calculator measures the:
• ecological footprint of your event (the productive area needed to supply the resources, and process the waste generated from your event)
• carbon footprint of your event (a subcomponent of the ecological footprint).
It uses life cycle assessment to estimate the carbon equivalents produced as a result of your event.
Number of pages:
23 Oct 2007
Click the icon(s) below to access this publication.