Internet Explorer is not supported. Please use a modern browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Edge.
Time to complete: 5 mins
What litter can you report here
If you see someone littering from a vehicle or near the vehicle they are using, you can report to EPA.
The types of litter you can report are:
- cigarette butts
- organic waste (for example, food or apple cores)
- metal (for example, aluminium cans)
- glass (for example, beer bottles)
- plastic (for example, food packaging)
- anything that falls from a vehicle
If you think the litter was more than 50 litres (equivalent to a 1 m2 box) please use this form.
What you will need
To complete a report you’ll need:
- vehicle details (for example, registration, model and make) and the location where the littering took place
- any other observations regarding the incident (for example, date and time)
- willingness to attend court as a witness if required (only 2 per cent reports end up going to court).
By reporting litter, you play a vital role in keeping Victoria clean
- Last year EPA received approximately 20,000 reports of littering from a vehicle, and 70 per cent of those received a fine.