Applicant: Coliban Region Water Corporation
Activity site: Kyneton WRP Parish of Lauriston 67 & 120 Redesdale Rd Kyneton VIC 3444
Application number: APP015649
The applicant holds EPA Operating Licence OL000072239 to operate a sewage treatment plant. The applicant is proposing an operating licence amendment to amend the discharge limits set out in the Discharge to Water Table listed in the licence and amend operating licence conditions.
What does the application propose?
The applicant holds EPA Operating Licence OL000072239 to operate a sewage treatment plant located in Kyneton.
The applicant is proposing an operating licence amendment to amend the discharge limits set out in the Discharge to Water Table listed in the licence.
The applicant is also proposing amendments to operating licence conditions that relate to flow rates.
A copy of this application, accompanying plans, specifications and other information can be downloaded from:
- the Supporting Documents section below;
- Coliban Connect
Anyone may, within 30 business days of the date of advertisement, comment in writing on the application.
Send you comments to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- EPA North West Region at email@example.com; or
- EPA Victoria GPO Box 4395 Melbourne Victoria 3001.
Please note that any comments received directly to EPA Victoria will be forwarded to the applicant. For further details please contact 1300 372 842.
You can view the operating licence amendment application and supporting documentation below.
Operating licence amendment application
- Summary Document - Kyneton WRP licence amendment application May 2022 (PDF 970KB)
- Operating Licence Amendment Application
- Attachment A - GHD (2022) - Discharge Risk Assessment (PDF 5,217KB)
- Attachment B - RMIT AQUEST (2019) - Year 1 monitoring report (PDF 1,889KB)
- Attachment C - RMIT AQUEST (2020) - Year 2 monitoring report (PDF 1,893KB)
- Attachment D - RMIT AQUEST (2022) - Year 3 monitoring report (PDF 2,490KB)
- Attachment E - GHD (2022) – Hydrological Assessment and Water Balance Model Report (PDF 3,492KB)
- Attachment F - Coliban Water correspondence to EPA 22 March 2021 (PDF 816KB)
- Attachment G - EPA correspondence to Coliban Water 16 September 2021 (PDF 367KB)
- Attachment H - EPA correspondence to Coliban Water 8 October 2021 (PDF 425KB)
- Attachment I - GHD (2022) - Water Quality Data Report (PDF 11,530KB)
- Attachment J - Cesar Australia (2021) Assessing habitat suitability for platypuses (PDF 1,363KB)
- Attachment K - EPA correspondence endorsing environmental offsets (PDF 122KB)
- Attachment L - Coliban Water Environment and Sustainability Policy Statement (PDF 272KB)
- Attachment M - EPA correspondence to Coliban Water 13 April 2022 (PDF 165KB)
- Attachment N - EPA Correspondence to Coliban Water 21 April 2022 (PDF 547KB)
- Attachment O - Responses to issues raised in EPA's April 2022 correspondence (PDF 247KB)
- Attachment P – Map of proposed boundary of licensed premises for the Kyneton WRP (PDF 389KB)
- Attachment Q - EPA correspondence to Coliban Water 2 October 2020 (PDF 173KB)
- Attachment R - Kyneton Licence Amendment Communications and Engagement Plan May2022 (PDF 381KB)
Request for further information
- Request for further information - June 8 (PDF 325KB)
- Request for further information – 13 October (PDF 326KB)
- 11 May 2022
- Application received.
- 12 May 2022
- Application accepted.
- 13 July 2022
- Open for public feedback.
- 24 August 2022 (30 business days)
- Public feedback close.
- 31 August 2022
- EPA provided all public feedback to the applicant.
- 19 September 2022
- Coliban Water provided EPA with its response to public feedback.
- 13 October 2022
- EPA sends Coliban Water a Request for Further Information (RFI)
- 2 December 2022
- Coliban Water provides a response to EPA’s RFI of 13 October 2022.
- 25 January 2023
- EPA sends a response to Coliban Water to their response of 2 December 2022.
- 4 May 2023
- Coliban provides a response to EPA’s response of 25 January 2023.
- Current stage
- EPA to review Coliban’s response of 4 May 2023
- EPA to make a decision on the operating licence amendment application.
Responses to RFI
Coliban response to EPA's response of 25 January 2023, response received 4 May 2023
- Attachment C - RMIT AQUEST 2021 Year 4 CWMP report
- Flow data comparison for Redesdale and Kyneton Gauging Stations - 2021 & 2022
- Kyneton WRP Discharge Risk Assessment
- Kyneton Process Flow Diagram
- Response to outstanding issues from EPA RFI May 2023
Coliban response to RFI as of 13 October 2022, response received 2 December 2022
- Attachment 1 - Responses to information sought under EPA Request for Information December 2022
- Attachment 2 - GHD (2022) - Discharge Risk Assessment
- Attachment 3 - Final Coliban Water Offsets Year 4 Report November 2022
- EPA response to Coliban's response 25 Jan 2023
The consultation period for this application is now closed.
The feedback you provide to EPA will be used to identify community concerns regarding an application for a development licence.
Your feedback will be de-identified and provided to the applicant to give the applicant an opportunity to address the concerns raised. EPA will then complete its assessment of the application, considering all feedback it has received and any applicant responses. Your de-identified feedback will also be made available on this website.
To protect the privacy of individuals, EPA will remove personal information (for example, name and contact details) from the feedback it receives. Personal information will be retained by EPA so that it may contact you to clarify your submission if necessary or to provide you with updates regarding EPA’s assessment. If you do not wish to be identified, please ensure there is no other information in your feedback that could identify you or other individuals.
Please note, if all requested information is not provided, we will not be able to process your feedback. If you do not provide your e-mail address, we will not be able to identify your submission, should you wish to access it, make a correction, or require technical support.
Reviewed 19 May 2023