System maintenance is scheduled for the evening of 17 June 2021 from 5:00pm on 17 June to 1:00am on 18 June. This will mean you are unable to access the EPA portal during this time.

From 1 July 2021 we have a new Portal. You can use it to access our new Waste Tracker tool, apply for a permission or submit an environmental audit report. These are just some of the tasks you can perform in the new improved Portal.

Current EPA Interaction Portal

Up to 1 July 2021, you can continue to use the current EPA Interaction Portal for submitting:

  • waste transport certificates
  • pollution reports
  • litter reports
  • smoky vehicle reports
  • environmental audits.

After 1 July 2021 you can still complete a waste transport certificate, look up licences, permits and environmental audits submitted and issued before 1 July 2021 in the old Portal.

For any new tasks, you need to start using the new Portal from 1 July 2021.

New EPA Portal

From 1 July 2021, some of the additional tasks you can perform in the new EPA Portal include:

  • using Waste Tracker for tracking reportable priority waste
  • applying for new permissions or amending an existing permission
  • submitting audit scope, environmental audit reports and preliminary risk screen assessments.

After 1 July 2021, submit pollution reports through the EPA call centre on 1300 372 842 (1300 EPA VIC). Use the EPA website to submit litter reports and smoky vehicle reports.

How to sign up

Learn how to sign up to the Portal.

Please note: your login details can’t transfer across from the old Portal due to security changes.

Managing waste

Waste Tracker is a new system to track reportable priority waste. This system replaces waste transport certificates.

Under the new laws, anyone who handles reportable priority waste must let EPA know every time it changes hands. Producers, accredited consigners, transporters, drivers and receivers of reportable priority waste must use Waste Tracker to complete transactions.

Find out more about using Waste Tracker by your role:

Reviewed 26 May 2021