What you can do in EPA portal
some of the tasks you can complete:
using Waste Tracker for tracking reportable priority waste
applying for new permissions, exemptions, or designations for waste
applying for amendments, transfers or surrender of an existing permission
applying for an Authorisation for discharge or disposal
submitting audit scope, environmental audit reports and preliminary risk screen assessments.
Check below if you need to complete and attach a signed application form to your Portal application.
How to sign up
Learn how to sign up to the portal.
Waste Tracker is a system to track reportable priority waste. This system replaces waste transport certificates.
Under the laws, anyone who handles reportable priority waste must let EPA know every time it changes hands. Producers, accredited consigners, transporters, drivers and receivers of reportable priority waste must use Waste Tracker to complete transactions.
Find out more about using Waste Tracker by your role:
To perform prescribed activities that may cause harm, you must have a permission, such as a licence, permit or registration.
Here are some resources to help you to apply for a permission.
Resources for applying for a permission
If you need advice on which permission you need for your activity, visit Permissions proposal pathway guideline and submit a Permission pathway form via email to email@example.com
If you are applying for a permission amendment or transfer, you need to know your new Permission ID. You can find this by searching the Register of Permissions.
Resources for applying for an exemption, authorisation or designation (waste classification)
- Complete the relevant application form linked below.
- Submit a completed application form and any supporting information via the portal, along with any supporting information.
- In the Portal, login and choose the “Apply for a Permission” option
- In the Applications menu, choose Exemptions, ADD and waste designations, and complete the portal form.
- Attach your completed and signed application form prior to submitting the online portal application form.
These resources may help you when submitting your application:
EPA Interaction Portal
You can no longer use the EPA Interaction Portal for submitting:
- waste transport certificates
- pollution reports
- litter reports
- smoky vehicle reports
After 1 July 2021, you can still use the old Portal to:
- complete a waste transport certificate
- find licences, permits and environmental audits that were submitted and issued before 1 July 2021.