EPA’s new website is under construction. It contains links to our previous site while we add information.
EPA monitors the quality of air in Victoria. We do this by measuring the air for pollutants that can affect human health. We measure for several common pollutants such as particles (PM2.5 and PM10), ozone and nitrogen dioxide.
Our monitoring network:
- enables us to accurately assess air quality
- helps us with air quality management strategies
- allows us to evaluate air quality management activities.
- the results from our air monitoring on EPA AirWatch
- support to emergency services by monitoring air at pollution events like large fires
- information about air quality and health
- information about how we monitor air quality.
Air monitoring program results for Victoria
How we monitor Victoria’s air
EPA air monitoring network
EPA’s role in responding to air pollution incidents
EPA’s incident air monitoring timeline (publication 1726)
Levels for toxic substances in the air
About the software EPA uses to monitor air