Noise pollution is sound at a level that’s annoying, distracting or harmful to a person’s wellbeing.

How you report noise pollution depends on where the noise is coming from.

If you’re not sure who to complain about noise to, call EPA’s 24-hour pollution hotline on 1300 372 842.

Ways to report noise pollution

EPA's role in residential noise infographic

Reviewed 9 September 2020