Pollution you can report to us includes:

Businesses must report a Notifiable incident if they create pollution which causes or may cause material harm to human health or the environment. Your local council or the police can help with residential noise complaints. For other noise pollution, EPA can help you identify the right place to report the noise to.

How to report pollution:

Always call 000 in an emergency.

Privacy collection notice

EPA collects your information to identify who is making a pollution report and for what reason. This information may be used to investigate and evaluate non-compliance or contravention of the Environment Protection Act 2017. 

EPA may use your information to contact you to provide updates on your report or to seek further details about it. If you consent for EPA to do so, your information may be provided to relevant local Councils, Parks Victoria or WorkSafe. 

EPA may use or disclose your information to investigate the provision of any false information. 

If you do not provide the information required by this form, including personal information, EPA may be unable to act on your report. You may contact EPA directly call 1300 372 842 or by email contact@epa.vic.gov.au to request access to your personal information.

Read the EPA’s privacy policy


Reviewed 29 September 2022