Pollution you can report to us includes:
- litter from cars
- smoky vehicles
- illegal waste disposal (illegal dumping)
- foul-smelling or abnormal emissions from industry
- offensive or chemical odour from industry.
Businesses must report pollution they cause if they don’t comply with their EPA licence.
Your local council or the police can help with residential noise complaints. For other noise pollution, EPA can help you identify the right place to report the noise to.
How to report pollution:
- Call our pollution hotline on 1300 372 842. We’re here 24 hours.
- Report pollution online. Register and report pollution through the EPA Interaction Portal.
Always call 000 in an emergency.
Read more about reporting pollution
Reviewed 11 November 2019