If the pollution event is an emergency please call 000
Pollution you can report to us
- Air pollution issues, for example smoke in the air, dust from a demolition or construction site or smoky vehicles
- Illegal storage of soft plastics or the use of banned plastic bags or other single-use plastics.
- Foul smells and offensive odours from industry, such as landfills, animal processors, sewage treatment or composting facilities.
- Unreasonable noise from construction sites, industrial and commercial businesses and entertainment venues.
- Waste pollution, such as litter from cars and illegal waste disposal (also known as illegal dumping)
- Water pollution, for example if you notice chemicals entering our stormwater system or waterways, or if you see fish deaths
If your business has generated pollution which could impact human health or the environment, you must report it immediately as a notifiable incident.
Privacy collection notice
EPA collects your information to identify who is making a pollution report and for what reason. This information may be used to investigate and evaluate non-compliance or contravention of the Environment Protection Act 2017.
EPA may use your information to contact you to provide updates on your report or to seek further details about it. If you consent for EPA to do so, your information may be provided to relevant local Councils, Parks Victoria or WorkSafe.
EPA may use or disclose your information to investigate the provision of any false information.
If you do not provide the information required by this form, including personal information, EPA may be unable to act on your report. You may contact EPA directly call 1300 372 842 or by email email@example.com to request access to your personal information.
Read more about reporting pollution
Reviewed 6 February 2023