On this page
EPA will not be issuing new waste transport permits
As EPA transitions to our new digital platform, Waste Tracker, we stopped accepting and issuing waste transport vehicle permits between 8 June and 30 June 2021.
This period has allowed us to prepare for Waste Tracker and new waste code amendments.
- A permit will be required when transporting waste code types B100, E100, G100 and R100.
- All other waste transport of reportable priority waste codes will require a registration.
The registration process does not require EPA assessment, and is processed automatically within 24 hours. New applications will be for a 5-year period. Under the current legislative framework, approvals are for one year.
Vehicle permit renewals
If your active waste transport vehicle permit is due for renewal on or before 30 June 2021, you will have received your invoice in the mail to your registered address. You should have paid for your renewal on or before 30 June 2021.
Any active vehicle permit that is due for renewal from 1 July to 31 August 2021, will be subject to renewal under EPA's new environmental laws. We are finalising the renewal process for vehicle permits that are due in July 2021. Updates will be available on this page, or you can contact us.
Application guidance materials
- Movement of controlled waste into Victoria (publication IWRG831)
- Movement of prescribed industrial waste from Victoria (publication IWRG832)
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) management (publication IWRG643)
- Waste transportation guidance FAQs
- Vehicle guidance: Non-tanker vehicles/trailers (publication IWRG814)
- Vehicle guidance: Tanker/tanker trailer (publication IWRG816)
- Vehicle features/fittings photo guide
Interstate consignment and PCB-related forms
- Notification of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) (form F1005)
How to submit your forms
- Download the form you need.
- Complete the form.
- Send the completed form to the email address listed in the form.
Reviewed 28 June 2021