Internet Explorer is not supported. Please use a modern browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Edge.

Time to complete: 5 mins

What litter you can report here

If you see someone littering from a vehicle or near the vehicle they are using, you can report to EPA.

The types of litter you can report are:

  • cigarette butts
  • organic waste (for example, food or apple cores)
  • chemicals
  • metal (for example, aluminium cans)
  • glass (for example, beer bottles)
  • plastic (for example, food packaging)
  • fabric
  • anything that falls from a vehicle 

What you will need

To complete a report you’ll need:

  • vehicle details (for example, registration, model and make) and the location where the littering took place
  • any other observations regarding the incident (for example, date and time)
  • willingness to attend court as a witness if required (only 2 per cent reports end up going to court).

By reporting litter, you play a vital role in keeping Victoria clean

  • Last year EPA received approximately 20,000 reports of littering from a vehicle, and 70 per cent of those received a fine.


To make a report, you must declare:

  1. The information you provide is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.
  2. You're willing to go to court to give evidence if necessary.

It is a serious offence to intentionally or negligently provide false and misleading information to EPA.

This offence carries a court imposed penalty of up to 60 penalty units or $11,539 for a person and up to 300 penalty units or $57,693 for a corporation.

I confirm the information I am providing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and I am willing to go to court to give evidence if necessary