EPA has received an application from gold rush tourist destination Porcupine Village Pty Ltd in Allans Rd, Maldon proposing a new wastewater treatment plant including a treated wastewater reuse scheme.
Public consultation on the development licence application is open until 27/03/2023
EPA licences and permissions
To perform prescribed activities that may cause harm to human health and/or the environment, you must have a permission such as a licence, permit or registration.
Permissions work alongside the General Environmental Duty, ensuring performance standards and conditions are met across a range of activities. There are three tiers of permissions based on the level of risk to human health and the environment:
1. Licences for high-risk prescribed activities
2. Permits for medium-risk prescribed activities
3. Registrations for low-risk prescribed activities
This risk-based approach means EPA can target different levels of risk with the right balance of permissions and conditions. Our Permissions scheme policy (publication 1799) outlines:
• Your role, as the permission holder, in ensuring compliance and preventing harm
• What we consider when assessing an application for a permission
• How permissions work to manage the risks related to prescribed activities
Find out more at epa.vic.gov.au/for-business/new-laws-and-your-business/permissions
Reviewed 7 March 2023