The Cairnlea site has been tested in detail for contamination under both the environmental audit and further retesting EPA undertook to check the audit. The testing results showed:
- the audit results were consistent with EPA’s retesting
- the site is unlikely to pose an unacceptable risk to current or future users of the site
- zinc levels at the site are well below ecological and health investigation levels.
Download the Cairnlea validation sampling reports from 2011:
- Cairnlea validation sampling report (part 1) (PDF 7.7MB)
- Cairnlea validation sampling report (part 2) (PDF 11.1MB)
Reviewed 14 October 2021