EPA’s new website is under construction. It contains links to our previous site while we add information.

An EPA licence allows a business to run certain activities at a licensed premises. These activities may include waste treatment and disposal.

You may need to make changes to your EPA licence if the activities at your licensed premises change. To make amendments to your EPA licence, fill out the approvals pathway form

A works approval allows you to conduct works or make changes to your scheduled premises. You may need a works approval for activities like constructing a new building or installing new plant equipment.

If you complete a works approvals pathway form and it shows you that you need a works approval, you’ll need to complete a works approval checklist. 

Read next

How to apply for a works approval

Works approval application checklist

EPA licence and works approval forms

Section 30A approvals for temporary discharge, storage or use of waste 

Reviewed 13 December 2019